by Alice Lyons
Today’s magnificent #MeatfreeMonday meal is from Lauren Caris Cooks. I’ll be trying this protein-packed recipe an hour ahead of my gym workout to give me a much needed boost!
4 Sweet Potatoes
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
150g (3/4 Cup) Dried Green Lentils
1/2 White Onion, diced
3-4 Kale Leaves
1 Clove Garlic, minced
1/4 Cup Water
1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
5-6 Sun Dried tomatoes, finely chopped
Fresh Coriander Leaves
Natural Yoghurt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Coat the 4 sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil total, and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 45 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, add a little salt and simmer the lentils for 30 minutes. Drain when finished.
- While the lentils are cooking, saute the onion for 5 minutes until it begins to turn translucent. After 5 minutes add the garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Slice the kale into small pieces and add to the onion mixture along with the water. Cook until the kale has wilted and all the water has been absorbed. Add the can of chopped tomatoes and the sun dried tomatoes. Simmer so the mixture has heated through.
- Serve piled over a freshly baked sweet potato, top with a dollop of natural yoghurt (if desired) and sprinkle with fresh coriander.
- The lentil mixture can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.