Job Opportunity: Junior Kitchen Designer
by Olga Alexandru
Sustainable Kitchens, previously know as It Woodwork was established in 2008,
It ‘s an independent kitchen design, manufacturing and installation company, working with clients across the country. The company has been growing from strength to strength and has expanded rapidly in the past year and now has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark.
About the role
The role will consist of creatively designing bespoke kitchens, which will be part of the overall installation lifecycle. The candidate will be involved in the initial meetings with clients, design concepts, which then lead into the technical design and planning of the project.
Even though the main focus will be around designing bespoke kitchens, it is not essential to have kitchen design experience but we do expect at least 1 years’ experience within a design focused role. The role needs a designer who understands design aesthetic, can produce clear and beautiful designs and be able to communicate these designs to clients. Ideally we are looking for someone who has a broad range of skills and design experience. All the kitchen design work is on Sketchup Pro, so you need to have an understanding of the program, though training will be given if you don’t. You may also be required to help with other design projects including magazine articles, flyers and other promotional materials.
We aren’t just looking for a designer but a candidate who lives and breathes design, someone who has their finger on the pulse of contemporary design innovations. We would like the successful candidate to be enthusiastic about their work and the kitchens industry. There will also be opportunities to write themed articles and communicate through social media channels.
The design process for a bespoke kitchen covers initial meetings with the client to establish design aesthetic through completing a set of design proposals using Trimble Sketchup to subsequent design modifications and handover to the workshop.
Duties may include:
- Producing an accurate 3D drawing of the house/room
- Producing a range of different design options and presenting them to the client via email
- Working closely with our clients using Pinterest to create mood boards
- Client meetings to accurately document and measure the room/rooms
- Creating a technical drawing and specification for the workshop team to work from during manufacture
- Advanced knowledge of Sketchup Pro
- Intermediate knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Mac User
- Good understanding of Excel and other Microsoft programs.
- Good communication skills
- Personable and good client listening skills
- Keen interest in contemporary interior design
- Keen interest in learning about woodworking & carpentry
- Interest in eco design and building solutions
- Ability to look at the bigger picture
- Practical and logical
- Ability to work well alone and in a small team
- Use initiative
- Good at problem solving
- Team player
- Full UK driving license
- Experience with WordPress
- Blogging/ writing experience
- Social Media
- Friendly and approachable
- Willingness to learn
- Good attention to detail
- A positive can do attitude
Salary: £19,000 – £21,000 per annum. (Dependent on experience)
Working week: 8.30am – 5pm, Monday – Friday (Full- time position)
Holiday: 20 days holiday, not including bank holidays.
Other Details: On-site parking,
See More at: http://www.sustainablekitchens.co.uk
Is this role right for you?
Working for small startup company’s means that you have to use your initiative and problem solve frequently. It requires a hand on approach to tasks and you have to be able to juggle tasks whilst working in a fast paced environment. It requires you to be proactive and innovation with your solutions. Make sure this sounds like an environment that suits you.
Apply to this role by sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 7th of November 2016.
Interview Dates: Week commencing the 14th of November
Start Date: December 2016 – 3rd January 2017