Job Opportunity: Senior Kitchen Installer/Site Manager
by Olga Alexandru
Sustainable Kitchens – Senior Kitchen Installer / Site Manager
Sustainable Kitchens, previously known as It Woodwork was established in 2010. It’s an independent kitchen design, manufacture and installation company, working with clients across the Southwest and further afield. The company has been growing from strength to strength and has expanded rapidly in the past year and now has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark.
About the role
We have been using sub contracted installation companies for some years to do all of our installation work but we are now looking to bring all our installations in house. We are looking for a highly skilled and organised individual to lead a team of two to four installers alongside any sub contracted tradespeople on private sites across the Southwest and London. A typical kitchen installation will require 3 to 5 days of initial installation work followed by return visits for worktop installation and snagging as well as any subsequent maintenance work. We are typically working on 1 or 2 installations per week with the hope to expand this throughout the coming year so the right candidate will need to be able to juggle projects on multiple sites simultaneously.
Our kitchens are of the highest quality and we require the same meticulous eye for detail throughout the installation process as we do for design and manufacture. The nature of bespoke joinery and installation requires a lot of quick thinking, problem solving and skill. As our most senior installer you will need to be expert in carpentry and joinery but also to have a wide set of general building skills with experience in Electrical installation and plumbing being a huge advantage. As our Site Manager you will be expected to bridge the gap between our workshop and our clients. You will be working very closely with our planning department, attending meetings and communicating efficiently with all parties to ensure that projects are kept on track and to schedule.
- Keeping an overview of all projects ensuring they are finished on time to the highest standard and keeping the clients and the team up to date at all times
- Site Surveys to do final measurement checks.
- Producing snagging lists and communicating back to the workshop
- Supervising the work of all parties involved in the installation
- Organising accommodation for working away, usually London
- Coordinating appliance deliveries
- Working closely with our project planning team.
- Communicating with Clients, confirming schedules and logistics
- Coordinating a team of installers and any subcontractors that may be involved in a project
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with our planning office and our clients.
- Involvement in planning meetings, discussing technicalities of projects with the team
- Managing company tooling and vehicles
- Skilled installation work, particularly carpentry and joinery
- At least 5 years of carpentry and joinery experience.
- Previous bespoke joinery installation experience.
- An interest in kitchen cabinetry and design.
- Experience in managing others and remaining calm under pressure.
- A meticulous eye for detail.
- Precision woodworking skills to include highly accurate scribing, cutting and jointing timber, worktops, upstands and cornices.
- A good understanding of the characteristics of timber, its hydroscopic nature and how this impacts on the various elements in a kitchen
- Problem solving when faced with unexpected situations.
- Expert use of hand and power tools
- Professional and personable demeanour.
- Organised and efficient.
- High degree of logic and problem solving
- Extremely organised, decisive and efficient.
- Exemplary communication skills.
- Clean driving license.
- Plumbing experience
- Electrical installation experience, Part P certification
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well presented
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent delegation skills
- Highly organized
- Team Player
- Enjoys challenges
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Proactive self starter
- Logical and good at problem solving
- Good management skills
- Delegate appropriately
- Excellent time management
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 (dependent on experience) per annum.
Working week: 8.30am on Site – 5pm, Monday – Friday (Full- time position)
Holiday: 20 days holiday, not including bank holidays.
Other Details: On-site parking, will have the use of company van.
Is this role right for you?
Working on site and all around the South of England means that you will often be asked to work a long day to get a job finished, early starts or late evenings are common place to take travel into account and you will often have to stay several nights in hotel accommodation when working away from home.
Deadline: The deadline for applications is Monday the 12th of September 2016
Interviews: Will Commence interviews week beginning the 12th of September 2016
Start Date: From the 10th of October 2016
Apply to this role by sending a covering letter and CV to Sam@sustainablekitchens.co.uk.