Job Opportunity: Senior maker / Supervisor
by Olga Alexandru
Sustainable Kitchens, previously known as It Woodwork was established in 2008. It’s an independent kitchen design and installation company, working with clients across the Southwest and further afield. The company has been growing from strength to strength and has expanded rapidly in the past year and now has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark.
About the role
The successful new Senior Maker / Supervisor will head up a team of 5 – 8 joiners, furniture makers and apprentice makers in our busy joinery workshop in Bristol.
We are looking for a highly skilled individual with at least 6 years of joinery experience who is able to work on complex and one-off pieces of furniture unassisted and act as a motivational leader helping to bind the team as it continues to grow.
This role requires the candidate to be a very highly competent joiner able to be given a visualisation of a cabinet or piece of furniture and be able to do all the necessary working out to build the piece without assistance. The successful candidate will also be responsible for training and mentoring the junior makers, ensuring health and safety and good work practises are met, machines are set up and properly maintained and deadlines are kept
- Making kitchen furniture from the most advanced and unique pieces of furniture to the more every day cabinets and components
- Operating as Line Manager to the rest of the joinery team ensuring the team remain focussed and motivated
- Eye for details and constant quality control.
- Evaluating processes and making them more efficient.
- Assisting and mentoring junior makers
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Setting and calibrating machines.
- Ability to assist and instruct the team of makers on all aspects of joinery
- Assisting the Workshop Manager in ensuring targets and deadlines are met
- A wide range of manufacturing activities including manual handling of materials, use of power and hand tools, use of large joinery Machinery such as planer, table saw, power sanders and spindle moulder.
- Ability to work from CAD drawings and written plans.
- High level joinery / cabinet making experience, 6 years minimum
- Ability to work with people at various levels from shop floor to senior management
- Quality and productivity focused
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Management experience
- Repair and maintenance of machines
- Knowledge of Sketchup
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Enjoys challenges
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
Salary: £22,000 – £30,000 (dependent on experience) per annum.
Working week: 8.30am – 5pm, Monday – Friday (Full- time position)
Holiday: 20 days holiday, not including bank holidays.
Other Details: On-site parking, All tools and PPE provided
See More at: http://www.sustainablekitchens.co.uk
Deadline: The deadline for applications is Monday the 5th of December 2016
Interviews: Will Commence interviews week beginning the 5th of December 2016
Start Date: January 2017