Job Opportunity: Workshop Maker
by Sarah Preece
Sustainable Kitchens, previously known as It Woodwork was established in 2008. It’s an independent kitchen design and installation company, working with clients across the Southwest and further afield. The company has been growing from strength to strength and has expanded rapidly in the past year and now has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark.
About the role
We are looking for a skilled individual with at least 3 years of joinery experience who is able to work to a high standard as part of a tight knit team of 5 – 8 joiners, furniture makers and apprentice makers in our busy joinery workshop in Bristol.
- Making kitchen furniture from the most advanced and unique pieces of furniture to the more everyday cabinets and components
- Eye for details and quality control.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Setting and calibrating machines.
- Assisting the Workshop Manager in ensuring targets and deadlines are met
- A wide range of manufacturing activities including manual handling of materials, use of power and hand tools, use of large joinery Machinery such as planer, table saw, power sanders and spindle moulder.
- Ability to work from CAD drawings and written plans.
- Joinery / cabinet making experience, 3 years minimum
- Quality and productivity focused
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Repair and maintenance of machines
- Knowledge of Finishes, oils, paints and varnishes
- Understanding timbers and materials
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Enjoys challenges
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
Salary: £18,000 – £24,000 (dependent on experience) per annum.
Working week: 8.30am – 5pm, Monday – Friday (Full- time position)
Holiday: 20 days holiday, not including bank holidays.
Other Details: On-site parking, All tools and PPE provided
See More at: http://www.sustainablekitchens.co.uk
Apply to this role by sending a covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date: CLOSED