Job Opportunity: Final Assembly Technician / Furniture Assembler
by Olga Alexandru
Sustainable Kitchens, previously known as It Woodwork was established in 2008. It’s an independent kitchen design, manufacturing and installation company, working with clients across the Southwest and further afield. The company has been growing from strength to strength and has expanded rapidly in the past year and now we have an opportunity to so a Final Assembly Technician to join our team.
About the role
We design, manufacture and assemble bespoke cabinetry at our workshop in Bristol. We are looking for practical and organized individuals to join our team and learn how to assemble kitchen furniture. Candidates should have practical experience of working with wood either professionally or in their spare time. The ability to work in an organized fashion to a high standard, with good attention to detail is vital.
The Final Assembly Technician will be responsible for assembling the cabinets before they go to site to be installed. The job requires a lot of care and attention whilst also working to tight deadlines. The role is very much part of its own department whilst having to work closely with the workshop & installation team.
- Assemble kitchen cabinets ready for installation.
- Liaise with the installation and workshop team on all aspects of the job
- Handover the cabinets to the installation team
- Be responsible for making sure all components of the job get signed into the delivery van.
- Hand painting furniture to a high standard
- Assembly Experience
- Expert use of drills and other basic hand tools
- Working from plans and models]
- Excellent communication
- Managing your own time & work load and keeping to strict deadlines
- Woodworking / cabinet making experience
- Knowledge of woodworking machinery
- Working knowledge of Sketchup
- Hand painting
- Self starter
- Shows initiative
- Works well alone and part of a team
- Keen eye for detail and quality control
Salary: £16,000 – £24,000 (dependent on experience) per annum.
Working week: 8.30am– 5pm, Monday – Friday (Full- time position)
Holiday: 20 days holiday, not including bank holidays.
Other Details: On-site parking, will have the use of company van.
Is this role right for you?
Working for small startup company means that you have to use your initiative and problem solve frequently. It requires a hands on approach to tasks and you have to be able to juggle tasks whilst working in a fast paced environment. It requires you to be proactive and innovation with your solutions. Make sure this sounds like an environment that suits you.
Start Date: CLOSED