Job Opportunity: Kitchen Installer
by Olga Alexandru
Sustainable Kitchens – Kitchen Installer
Sustainable Kitchens, previously known as It Woodwork was established in 2008. It’s an independent kitchen design, manufacturing and installation company, working with clients across the Southwest and further afield. The company has been growing from strength to strength and has expanded rapidly in the past year and now has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark.
About the role
We have been using sub contracted installation companies for some years to do all of our installation work but have recently brought our installations team in house. We are looking for an experienced, multi skilled individual to install bespoke furniture alongside two experienced installers on private sites across Bristol, the Southwest and London. A typical kitchen installation will require 3 to 5 days of initial installation work followed by return visits for worktop installation and snagging as well as any subsequent maintenance work. Please note the ability to stay away from home are essential.
Our kitchens are of the highest quality and we require the same meticulous eye for detail throughout the installation process as we do for design and manufacture. The nature of bespoke joinery and installation requires a lot of quick thinking, problem solving and skill.
You will need to have at least 5 years experience in carpentry, joinery and installation work.
- Working as part of a close nit team under the supervision of a site manager.
- Skilled installation work, particularly carpentry and joinery.
- Working with our Assembly team to meet project deadlines and ensure quality.
- At least 5 years of Carpentry and joinery experience.
- Experience in Kitchen installation
- Experience with plumbing and appliance connection
- Previous experience in domestic carpentry installation
- A good understanding of the characteristics of timber.
- Problem solving when faced with unexpected situations.
- Expert use of hand and power tools.
- Professional and personable demeanour.
- High degree of logic and problem solving.
- Extremely organised, decisive and efficient.
- Clean driving license.
- Tiling experience
- Electrical installation (Part P)
- Cabinet painting/ Fine furniture painting.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well presented
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
- Enjoys challenges
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Proactive self starter
- Logical and good at problem solving
- Good time management
Salary: £28,000 – £34,000 (dependent on experience) per annum.
Working week: 8.30am on site – 5pm, Monday – Friday (Full- time position)
Holiday: 20 days holiday, not including bank holidays.
Other Details: On-site parking, will have the use of company van.
Is this role right for you?
Working on site and all around the South of England means that you will often be asked to work a long day to get a job finished, early starts or late evenings are common place to take travel into account and you will often have to stay several nights in hotel accommodation when working away from home.
Start Date: Asap 2017
Apply to this role by sending a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.