Job Opportunity: Project Manager
by Alice Lyons
Sustainable Kitchens, previously known as It Woodwork was established in 2010. It’s an independent kitchen design, manufacture and installation company, working with clients across the Southwest and further afield. The company has been growing from strength to strength and has expanded rapidly in the past year and now has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark.
About the role
We are recruiting for a residential kitchen installations Project Manager to join our expanding team. We have recently brought our installations team in house and we have a team of 5 installers and an installations coordinator. We are looking for a Project Manager to organise and manage the installations team and be the first point of contact to our clients and see each kitchen installation through from conception to completion.
The role would involve working closely with the design, production and installation teams to make sure that each kitchen is installed on schedule and to budget whilst making sure our clients are receiving the best service possible.
On a typical project you would;
- Manage all client liaison throughout the project and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the design and production team to fully understand the client’s brief and expectations.
- Complete the final survey and check all measurements and technical plans.
- Work closely with the client’s tradespeople on site to make sure they are working to plan.
- Monitor the progress of works on site, conduct progress meetings with clients and subcontractors.
- Handover the project to the installation team on the first day of installation on site.
- During the installation manage any issues that arise and provide solutions.
- Sign off the installation and do any handovers with clients.
During this process you will be working very closely with the installations coordinator to make sure all our projects are running smoothly and to schedule. Our kitchens are of the highest quality and we require the same meticulous eye for detail throughout the entire process. The nature of bespoke joinery and installation requires a lot of quick thinking, problem solving and skill.
- Working as part of a close nit team and be responsible for the kitchen installation projects.
- Delivering kitchen installations to budget and to schedule.
- At least 3 years experience of successful Project Management ideally within a installation or fit company.
- Experience of designing and/or installing kitchens
- Understanding of precision woodworking skills to include highly accurate scribing, cutting and jointing timber, worktops, upstands and cornices.
- A good understanding of the characteristics of timber, its hydroscopic nature and how this impacts on the various elements in a kitchen.
- Problem solving when faced with unexpected situations.
- Professional and personable demeanour.
- High degree of logic and problem solving.
- Extremely organised, decisive and efficient.
- Experience of CAD Design or Architectural Design
- Experience with site surveying and an understanding of technical measurements and drawings
- Knowledge of relevant building regulations for residential & commercial kitchens
- It is vital that you have a driving licence as there will be travel to sites across the UK.
- A track record of successful client relations in a project management role or similar
- A technical mind with an aptitude for technical concepts and designs
- Strong digital skills with an ability to quickly learn new software and systems
- A common sense and pragmatic approach to problem solving and completing projects
- A commitment to one’s own continuing professional development
- Experience & knowledge of plumbing
- Electrical installation (Part P)
- Cabinet painting to include hand top coat painting.
- Experience in mechanical or electrical engineering role
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well presented
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
- Enjoys challenges
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Proactive self starter
- Logical and good at problem solving
- Good time management
Salary: £26,000 – £45,000 (dependent on experience) per annum.
Working week: 8.30am on site – 5pm, Monday – Friday (Full- time position)
Holiday: 20 days holiday, not including bank holidays.
Other Details: On-site parking, will have the use of company van.
Is this role right for you?
Working on site and all around the South of England means that you will often be asked to work a long day to get a job finished, early starts or late evenings are common place to take travel into account and you will often have to stay several nights in hotel accommodation when working away from home.
Start Date: TBC
Apply to this role by sending a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.