Job Opportunity: Trainee Kitchen Installer / Site Joiner
by Olga Alexandru
Sustainable Kitchens – Trainee Kitchen Installer / Site Joiner
Sustainable Kitchens, previously known as It Woodwork was established in 2008. It’s an independent kitchen design, manufacturing and installation company, working with clients across the Southwest and further afield. The company has been growing from strength to strength and has expanded rapidly in the past year and now has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark.
About the role
We have been using sub contracted installation companies for some years to do all of our installation work but have recently brought our installations team in house. We are looking for someone who would like to learn how to install bespoke furniture under two experienced installers on private sites across Bristol, the Southwest and London. A typical kitchen installation will require 3 to 5 days of initial installation work followed by return visits for worktop installation and snagging as well as any subsequent maintenance work.
Our kitchens are of the highest quality and we require the same meticulous eye for detail throughout the installation process as we do for design and manufacture. The nature of bespoke joinery and installation requires a lot of quick thinking, problem solving and skill.
As one of our trainee installers you will learn how to be proficient in carpentry and joinery but also to learn a wide set of general building skills and any experience in cabinet painting, electrical installation and plumbing being a huge advantage.
You will need to have at least 1 years experience in carpentry, joinery and installation work. On going training will be given to hone your skills in all elements of installation in coordination with the rest of the team
- Working as part of a close nit team under the supervision of a site manager.
- Skilled installation work, particularly carpentry and joinery.
- Working with our Assembly team to meet project deadlines and ensure quality.
- Hand painting furniture to a high standard
- At least 1 year of Carpentry and joinery experience.
- Previous experience in domestic carpentry installation
- A good understanding of the characteristics of timber.
- Problem solving when faced with unexpected situations.
- Expert use of hand and power tools.
- Professional and personable demeanour.
- High degree of logic and problem solving.
- Extremely organised, decisive and efficient.
- Clean driving license.
- Plumbing experience
- Tiling experience
- Electrical installation (Part P)
- Cabinet painting/ Fine furniture painting.
- Hand painting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well presented
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
- Enjoys challenges
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Proactive self starter
- Logical and good at problem solving
- Good time management
Salary: £18,000 – £24,000 (dependent on experience) per annum.
Working week: 8.30am on site – 5pm, Monday – Friday (Full- time position)
Holiday: 20 days holiday, not including bank holidays.
Other Details: On-site parking, will have the use of company van.
Is this role right for you?
Working on site and all around the South of England means that you will often be asked to work a long day to get a job finished, early starts or late evenings are common place to take travel into account and you will often have to stay several nights in hotel accommodation when working away from home.
Start Date: CLOSED