Job Opportunity: Management Accountant
POSITION CLOSED: 29th of May 2019
Job Title: Management Accountant
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Kingswood, Bristol
Ideal Start Date: June
Contract Type: Part Time 3-4 days or Full Time
Honest Living limited is the umbrella company for Sustainable Kitchens and Honest Kitchens, based in Bristol. The company is an independent kitchen design, manufacture, and installation company working throughout the UK. Our mission is to inspire a sustainable lifestyle. As part of our development plans, we are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to work with the Managing Director.
This is a new role within the business. Until now have used freelance bookkeepers. We require an experienced Management Accountant to carry out the day to day financial tasks and support and manage the financial controls within the business which are currently held by the Managing Director. This includes transactional data entry, preparatory and analysis work for the management and financial accounts, the monitoring, and management of cash flow, financial analysis of the wider business, credit control support, and general office duties.
The Management Accountant establishes and maintains financial policies and management information systems, and provides a high-quality support service by liaising with colleagues on all aspects of finance. The role combines accounting skills with business management skills.
Typical work activities include:
- Managing the company’s accounting and financial procedures, systems, and reports in accordance with company law and good practice.
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management, and internal controls.
- Managing accruals and prepayments;
- Helping to maintain the fixed asset register and chart of accounts;
- Maintaining day to day bookkeeping and control of financial systems;
- Invoicing clients for both Sustainable Kitchens & Honest Kitchens;
- Ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget;
- Ensuring the timely input, issue and prompt payment of supplier invoices;
Payroll / HMRC Returns
- Running Payroll on Xero, including PAYE / NIC / CIS / Pensions;
- Ensuring that staff salaries and benefits are paid on the last day of each month;
- Checking staff expenses with the expenses policy and resolve queries where appropriate;
- Preparing and issuing all VAT and HMRC required information in a timely manner, and checking the online HMRC return regularly to identify and resolve discrepancies;
- Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis, and commentaries;
- Helping to prepare monthly management and year-end accounts, including detailed monthly overhead reviews and balance sheet control account reconciliations on a monthly basis;
- Negotiating on major projects, loans, grants and supplier contracts;
- Offering professional judgment on financial matters and advising on ways of improving business performance;
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers;
- Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements where needed; Informing key strategic decisions and formulating business strategies;
- Analyzing financial performance and contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasts;
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions;
- Liaising with other managers to put the finances and accounts in context;
- Supporting the Design Director with discount structures and assessing the profitability of projects;
- Supporting the Workshop Manager with stock control and best practice.
The position is supported part-time by a fully qualified accountant and by an external accountancy practice for year-end financial accounts. Knowledge of Xero would be a significant advantage.
This role is likely to appeal to part qualified accountancy staff who would like to progress further and apply their experience in a growing, friendly business.
|Criteria||Remarks – Essential (E) , Desirable (D)|
|Qualifications and work experience|
|Skills and abilities|
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Holidays: 22 days plus statutory holidays
Pension: Employer contribution of 3% of salary
To Apply: Email Jobs@sustainablekitchens.co.uk with your CV and a cover letter about why you’d like to work for Sustainable Kitchens. Please note applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Issue date: 1st May 2019