Job Opportunity: Senior Kitchen Sales Designer
- Job Title: Senior Kitchen Sales Designer
- Reports to: Design Director
- Location: Based in Bristol with national travel, including London
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 8.30-5pm, may include 2 Saturdays per month
Sustainable Kitchens (SK) is an independent kitchen design, manufacture and installation company, based in Bristol, working nationally. Our mission is to inspire a sustainable lifestyle. As part of our development plans, we are looking for a sales-oriented Senior Kitchen Sales Designer to work in the projects team. The successful candidate will lead sales growth, be supported by the Client Account Manager to make conversions and provide solutions to continuously improve the sales and design process.
The successful candidate needs to have a proven track record of sales, hitting targets and meeting KPIs and have impressive customer service skills. The projects team has always had a design lead team, and now there is an opportunity for a more sales oriented role to make a real impact on the company.
The Senior Kitchen Sales Designer is responsible for supporting the Design Director and Project team with converting projects, developing, monitoring and reporting on sales. They will also be responsible for delivering exceptionally inspirational design projects and packages. It is also a key position to feedback on continuous improvement for both product and services to the Design Director and to the Managing Director to support Sustainable Kitchen’s business strategy, goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced senior kitchen sales designer to work with a rapidly expanding young team in a fast growing business. The successful candidate will probably have worked in a larger related business and will be looking for an opportunity to demonstrate their skills in a freer, more dynamic environment.
The position reports to the Design Director as a key member of the projects team. The post is based in Bristol, but there will be frequent requirements to travel to visit clients.
Particular responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead initial design consultations, create inspirational design packages and deliver design presentations, be responsible for fully signed off kitchen specifications and inspire our clients through design and throughout their client journey and experience.
- Lead on sales development, including and not limited to, sales training, developing design packages and presentations, improvements of the product.
- Seek opportunities to maximise margin on both made and bought in products.
- Support the Design Director with identifying the right projects for manufacturing / installation slots that meet the companies targets.
- Report monthly on improvements to marketing to achieve better qualified leads.
- Prepare, analyse and present sales reporting in team meetings and to the Design Direct for Monthly Reporting.
- Work with the Design Director and MD on strategic and operational projects to develop the sales, product and service offering.
- Have an expert understanding of the kitchen design industry and develop strategies to maximise the company’s sales, design influence and authority within the marketplace.
- Have experience of working with Architects and delivering projects to specification on time and on budget.
- Have a good understanding of site surveying and M & E drawings.
- Build strong relationships with clients, focus on client satisfaction, and advise on how to add the most value for our clients;
- Act as the primary sales developer for selected high potential opportunities in conjunction with other team members;
- Ensure that all sales opportunities are fully captured, explored and followed up with the support of the Client Account Manager;
- Maintain consistent sales processes through all customer contacts in accordance with SK’s standards and processes;
- Prepare reports for weekly sales meetings, management meetings, monthly management packs, and annual budgets as required;
- Develop an expert understanding of the kitchen design industry, our market segment and strategies to maximise our authority in the marketplace;
- Identify product development and product mix opportunities to remain competitive;
- Represent SK at industry events when required in a professional and knowledgeable manner;
- Work with all team members to develop strategy, new service offers, and the client base.
There will be an initial probation period of up to six months. During this time, the job holder will be fully immersed in the front end of the business, driving sales conversions and meeting targets set, identifying opportunities for improvement and delivering sales into the business. This includes supporting the Design Director to win client projects, identifying key areas for improvement, and helping to project manage clients through the customer journey.
Essential qualifications and work experience
- Degree level or equivalent experience preferably in Product Design, business or sales.
- At least two years’ experience of selling in related industries.
- At least three years experience of Kitchen Design using CAD or equivalent.
- Proven and sustained sales success in a fast paced environment with strong evidence of achieving targets.
- An understanding of the industry and working with high end professionals would be an advantage.
- Good Understanding of CRMs, Sales Reporting and Project Management systems
- Experience of developing sales strategies and managing performance metrics
- Passionate about solving problems through design and a real passion for kitchen design.
Essential skills and abilities
- Excellent negotiation and customer focused, consultative selling skills. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in all mediums
- Good interpersonal and time management skills, with the ability to build strong relationships
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Able to work collaboratively and to motivate others to deliver results
- Internet savvy, with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, good skills in Excel, and experience of using marketing databases
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Fluent in English
Essential Personal attributes
- Professional presence to represent SK externally
- Results driven, with good business judgement and sound commercial understanding
- Tenacious, highly energised and motivated
- Able to work accurately and efficiently under pressure
- Confident and outgoing, and able to work alongside strong personalities within the business
- Methodical and organised, with a high degree of attention to detail
- Self-starter, capable of staying on track despite sometimes conflicting priorities
- Conscientious, enthusiastic and hardworking
- Good sense of humour and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Is always looking for continuous improvement in product, service and systems
Desirable Personal Attributes
- A champion of company values and ethos
- Has a strong interest in interior design, kitchens and food
- UK driving licence
- Permission to work full time in the UK
Key performance indicators
A few key performance indicators will be agreed with the jobholder. These are likely to include:
- Annual and monthly sales targets
- Sales pipeline value
- Lead conversion rate
Salary: c £26,000 – £35,000 OTE per annum, depending on experience.
Holidays: 20 days plus statutory holidays initially, with additional days depending on length of service
Pension: Employer contribution of 3% of salary
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Covering Letter
- Portfolio or design example, with a description on how you added value to the client.
Please note: we will not accept applications without all of the above prerequisites.
Deadline: 4th of January 2019
Interview Dates: Ongoing
Ideal Start Date: 4th of February 2019