Job Opportunity: Workshop Maker
Sustainable Kitchens, previously known as It Woodwork was established in 2008. It’s an independent kitchen design and installation company, working with clients across the South West and further afield. The company has been growing from strength to strength and has expanded rapidly in the past year and now has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark.
About the role
We are looking for a skilled individual with at least 3 years of furniture/ cabinet making experience who is able to work to a high standard as part of a tight-knit team of cabinet makers in our busy Bristol workshop. 80% of your time will be based in the workshop and 20% of your time assisting the installation team in fitting our kitchens, we rotate makers to go on site so that the makers can have a full overview of their work.
- Making kitchen furniture from the most advanced and unique pieces of furniture to the more everyday cabinets and components
- Quality control.
- Continued product development.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Setting and calibrating machines.
- Assisting the Workshop Supervisor in ensuring targets and deadlines are met.
- A wide range of manufacturing activities including manual handling of materials, use of power and hand tools, use of large manufacturing machinery such as a planer, table saw, power sanders and spindle moulder.
- Working from CAD drawings and written plans.
- Actively problem solving and providing solutions.
- Skills Essential
- Furniture/ cabinet makeing making experience, 3 years minimum
- Quality and productivity-focused
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience with a wide range of woodworking machinery
- Skills Desirable
- Knowledge of finishes, oils, paints and varnishes
- Understanding of timbers and materials
- Installation experience
- CAD drawing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Enjoys challenges
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem solver
Salary: £19,000 – £25,000 (dependent on experience) per annum.
Working week: 8am – 4.30 pm, Monday – Friday (Full- time position)
Holiday: 20 days holiday, not including bank holidays.
Other Details: On-site parking, all tools and PPE provided
Deadline: 12th of April 2019
Interviews: To be confirmed
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Furniture/ cabinet making experience – 3 years
Is this role right for you?
Working for a small company means that you have to use your initiative and problem solve frequently. It requires a hands-on approach to tasks and you have to be able to juggle tasks whilst working in a fast-paced environment. It requires you to be proactive and innovation with your solutions. The company has three core values that guide everything we do, they are Honesty, Sustainability & Relationships, we expect everyone in the company to champion these values. We have worked really hard to create our company culture, one that we are very proud of and we want to work with like-minded individuals. We look forward to hearing from you.
Interview Date: ASAP
Start Date: ASAP
To Apply: Email Jobs@sustainablekitchens.co.uk with your CV and a cover letter about why you’d like to work for Sustainable Kitchens.