Job Opportunity: Workshop Maker
Sustainable Kitchens, previously known as It Woodwork was established in 2008. It’s an independent kitchen design and installation company, working with clients across the South West and further afield. The company has been growing from strength to strength and has expanded rapidly in the past year and now has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to make their mark.
About the role
We are looking for a skilled individual with at least 5 years of joinery experience who is able to work to a high standard as part of a tight-knit team of specialist joiners and cabinet makers in our busy Bristol workshop.
- Making kitchen furniture from the most advanced and unique pieces of furniture to the more everyday cabinets and components
- Quality control.
- Continued product development.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Setting and calibrating machines.
- Assisting the Workshop Supervisor in ensuring targets and deadlines are met.
- A wide range of manufacturing activities including manual handling of materials, use of power and hand tools, use of large joinery machinery such as a planer, table saw, power sanders and spindle moulder.
- Working from CAD drawings and written plans.
- Actively problem solving and providing solutions.
- Skills Essential
- Joinery/cabinet making experience, 5 years minimum
- Quality and productivity-focused
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience with a wide range of woodworking machinery
- Skills Desirable
- Knowledge of finishes, oils, paints and varnishes
- Understanding of timbers and materials
- Installation experience
- CAD drawing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
- Enjoys challenges
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Problem solver
Salary: £19,000 – £26,000 (dependent on experience) per annum.
Working week: 8.30am – 5 pm, Monday – Friday (Full- time position)
Holiday: 20 days holiday, not including bank holidays.
Other Details: On-site parking, All tools and PPE provided
Deadline: 12th of January 2018
Interviews: To be confirmed
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Joinery – 5 years
Is this role right for you?
Working for a small company means that you have to use your initiative and problem solve frequently. It requires a hands-on approach to tasks and you have to be able to juggle tasks whilst working in a fast-paced environment. It requires you to be proactive and innovation with your solutions. The company has three core values that guide everything we do, they are Honesty, Sustainability & Relationships, we expect everyone in the company to champion these values. We have worked really hard to create our company culture, one that we are very proud of and we want to work with like-minded individuals. We look forward to hearing from you.