Job Opportunity – Workshop Maker & Installer
Job Title: Workshop Maker and Installer
Reports to: Workshop Manager
Location: Based in Bristol, with some working away on installations
We are an independent kitchen design, manufacture and installation company based in
Bristol, working throughout the UK. We trade as Sustainable Kitchens and Honest Kitchens
under the overall business name of Honest Living Limited. Our award-winning kitchens are
created with the highest quality and most sustainable materials.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a skilled maker to join a small company with big
ambitions. You will work with a tightly-knit team of skilled joiners and furniture makers in
our busy joinery workshop. You will be part of a highly motivated business with a passion
for quality and environmental responsibility.
We are looking for a skilled individual with at least 2 to 3 years experience, who can work
efficiently to a high standard. Most of your time will be spent in our Bristol workshop, but
the job will also involve working on-site installations. A lot of our clients are in and around
Bristol but some jobs will involve staying further afield from time to time.
● Manufacture kitchen furniture from the most advanced and unique pieces of
furniture to everyday cabinets and components.
● Carry out a wide range of manufacturing processes, including manual handling of
materials, the safe use of large joinery machinery (such as planer, thicknesser, table
saw and spindle moulder) and use a wide range of hand and power tools.
● Always maintaining attention to detail, quality control, and safe working practices.
● Set and calibrate machines for optimum working
● Participate in the development and proving of new products
● Assist the Workshop Manager to ensure that targets and deadlines are met.
● Work with the team to improve lean manufacturing processes
● Assist with onsite installations when required (including staying away, often in
London, from time to time)
Skills and Experience
● Joinery/cabinet making experience for at least 2 – 3 years
● Experience of working from CAD drawings, computerised and written plans
● Experience of working with a wide range of woodworking machinery
● Quality and productivity-focused
● Knowledge of finishes, oils, paints and varnishes
● Understanding of timbers and materials
● Able to work as part of a team
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Ability to work well under pressure
● Loves challenges
● Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent attention to detail
● Willingness to occasionally stay away from home when installing
Remuneration: £19,000 to £26,000 depending on experience
Working week: 8.00am-4.30pm, Monday-Friday (full- time position)
Holidays: 22 days plus statutory holidays, rising with length of service
Pension: Employer contribution of 3% of salary through Peoples Pension
Other Details: On-site parking, all tools and PPE provided
Please email Jobs@sustainablekitchens.co.uk with your CV and a covering letter about why you would like to work for Sustainable Kitchens.
Issue date: February 2020
Interviews: Ongoing by application
Start Date: ASAP