Job Opportunity – Managing Director
POSITION Closed: July 2019
The Managing Director is responsible for developing and executing company strategy, preparing and implementing business plans, and ensuring that the business achieves profitable growth. They are accountable for the overall performance and compliance of the company to meet all statutory requirements.
The Managing Director leads the team by example, ensures that all employees buy into the company vision, facilitates departmental achievements, sets and reviews KPI’s, and champions the company’s culture and core values.
The Managing Director reports directly to the Board of Directors. They are responsible for managing the senior team of Design Manager, Marketing Manager, Workshop Manager, Installation Manager, Management Accountant and HK Project Manager.
- Develop and execute the strategies, plans and policies agreed by the Board
- Originate, secure approval of, and update the business plan regularly
- Set annual company objectives and measure performance
- Deliver the business plan, budget and objectives effectively to the management team
- Provide strategic advice to the Board on the marketplace and prospects for growth
- Analyse problems and opportunities, and develop solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Research and develop new market and product opportunities.
- Develop and implement new systems and procedures to improve customers’ experience, business performance and employee productivity
- Work collaboratively and openly with all departments to facilitate improvements
- Maintain and monitor a database of ongoing project responsibilities and status
- Review progress at regular management meetings and allocate responsibilities for follow up
Managing the Senior Management Team (SMT):
- Lead, coach and motivate the management team, demonstrating a full understanding of the company’s vision and values
- Maximise teamwork and cooperation in all areas of the company, and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Direct and support all functions and business activities through the SMT
- Chair regular management/exec team meetings to review short term issues and opportunities, ensure fair and appropriate opportunities for all to contribute, and assign responsibilities for remedial and follow-up actions as necessary
- Communicate effectively the annual business vision and timeline, creating a culture of transparency, teamwork and comradery to work together towards the same short and long term business objectives
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Design Manager on sales strategy and approaches to winning new business
- Manage the performance and activities of the team to achieve the company’s annual business objectives.
- Establish, deploy and review regular performance management objectives and individual goals and development plans for the management team
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of managers, providing guidance and motivation to drive performance
- Listen to feedback from all departments to resolve issues
- Encourage and facilitate training opportunities for all staff
Promoting Company Culture:
- Maintain and develop the organisational culture, values and market reputation with all staff, clients, providers and partners
- Ensure that company policies are communicated and implemented consistently, and that fairness, equal opportunities and work life balance are maintained to create a positive work environment
- Act as a public voice and public relations representative for the company in ways that strengthen its profile and promote its values
- Facilitate constructive and positive feedback across all departments to reinforce a culture of openness and honesty
- Apply Lean principles though a culture of continuous improvement to drive efficiency and add value to our clients
- Promote a feeling of togetherness across the whole team, ensuring that different departments have mutual respect for the work that others do
- Manage the daily business operations to achieve or exceed the Annual Budget.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation, circulation and approval of the Annual Budget, monthly management accounts and annual financial accounts
- Oversee general accounting practices and procedures, especially cash flow
- Always make decisions that are in the best interest of the company and no other individual
- Act in accordance with your responsibility as a Director to comply with legal and ethical standards and all statutory and legal requirements.
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times
- Ensure that health and safety practices exceed industry standards at all times
|Experience Required:||Systems Experience:|
| Good working knowledge of some or all of the following cloud-based systems would be an advantage:|
Remuneration: Request on application, please share your current salary.
Holidays: 22 days plus statutory holidays initially, with additional days depending on length of service
Pension: Employer contribution of 3% of salary through Peoples Pension.
To Apply: Email Jobs@sustainablekitchens.co.uk with your CV and a cover letter about why you’d like to work for Sustainable Kitchens. Please note applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Issue date: 1st May 2019
Interviews: On-going by application – June/July/August 2019
Start Date: September 2019 or earlier for handover