Job Opportunity: Marketing Executive
POSITION OPEN: 7th May 2019
Job Title: Marketing Executive
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: Based in Bristol, with occasional national travel
We are an independent kitchen design, manufacture and installation company based in Bristol and working throughout the UK. Our mission is to inspire a sustainable lifestyle.
As part of our development plans, we are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Executive to work with the Managing Director. The successful candidate will lead our sales growth, develop our marketing strategies and much more.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a self-starter to gain extensive knowledge within a small company and to make their mark, whilst informing business decisions and working alongside the management team to improve and develop lead generation and communications in order to achieve company objectives.
Honest Living holds two brands, Sustainable Kitchens (SK) and Honest Kitchens (HK). HK is about to undergo a rebrand, so this is your opportunity to exercise an essentially new brand and demonstrate what you can do!
We are looking for someone who has big ideas and loves to implement them (sometimes with the help of a team of freelancers for more specialist tasks). There is no micro-management here, so being a self-starter is absolutely core to the role. We will look for demonstrable experience of grabbing the bull by the horns and making things happen – that might be in leading a team in a previous role, or it might be launching your own website or other major project to success. If it is a project that feeds into our core value of sustainability, all the better.
Reports directly to the Managing Director.
- As you will be responsible for the departmental output, you get to sit in the driving seat for strategy, developing annual and quarterly plans to increase our enquiries from qualified leads
- You will be a whizz with AdWords and love analysing past performances for continuous improvement
- Reporting will play a big part in the role’s success, so you will be consistently analytical of every activity in your department
- You will manage a sizable budget, so previous experience of money management will go a long way
- Both brands are in need of brand guidelines. This is an exciting project where you will really be able to leave your mark
- Audience research will be a passion of yours, and you will work closely with our MD to continuously improve our clients’ journeys with us
- Anyone with WordPress or HubSpot development experience will really stand out to us. You will be designing beautiful, functional pages (and you will not be shy of troubleshooting the tricky bits)
- You will be uploading lots of content to both WordPress and HubSpot, so you’ll be fully literate in both
- You will be responsible for advertising – both digital and print, so AdWords experience will be welcomed with open arms
- You will not be as hands-on with PR, but you will have sufficient exposure to PR practices to be comfortable when managing our agency
- This will include spotting opportunities and building relationships with local media
- You will think outside the box: rather than simply getting us covered in our top-tier media. You will be on the hunt for panels we can speak on, public events we can host and engage in, and lots more
- Social media
- For social media, effective agency management is not about requesting content and signing it off. It is about working alongside them to pinpoint opportunities to turn followers into leads
- This means keeping up to date with trends across Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Houzz
- As with social media and PR, you will have some freelance support for content writing: blogs, email campaigns, website copy, and so on. Managing this will tie in closely with your strategic, analytical mind: does every piece interest our clients and clients-to-be?
- Our case studies are a cornerstone of our content marketing. You will work with a freelancer to tell these stories, distributing them for maximum effect
- We have recently invested in HubSpot to allow us to seamlessly integrate our website, marketing and sales. You will take a bird’s eye view of the platform, keeping an ear out for improvements that could be made with, for example, an automated email, or anything else that makes the company run like clockwork
- If you have HubSpot experience, or can get HubSpot Certified before an interview, you’ll already have blown us away
- A strong interest in and knowledge of joinery, kitchens and interior design.
- A passion for quality and environmental responsibility.
Most of the experience you will need is outlined in the key responsibilities. In a nutshell, that means:
- At least 2 years’ successful experience of lead-generation focused marketing, preferably B2C
This is a dynamic role. As a key member of a small, growing company, you’ll show:
- Cultural and organisation awareness
- Excellent people and relationship skills
- Exceptional organisation and decision-making skills
- A passion for continual improvement in product, service & systems
- A dedication to our company values and ethos
- Your ultimate KPI is the number of ‘qualified leads’ that get in touch with us every month.
- From this, you will be able to set your own KPIs in the sub-categories of your role, such as cost per qualified lead, website, social media, and PR…
Salary : £22,000 – £28,000 depending on experience
Holidays: 22 days + statutory holidays, rising with length of service
Pension: Employer contribution of 3% of salary
Contract: Full time, or part-time depending on the candidate, for at least 4 days per week.
To Apply: Email Jobs@sustainablekitchens.co.uk with your CV and a cover letter about why you’d like to work for Sustainable Kitchens. Please note applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Issue date: 7th May 2019
Deadline: End of June 2019
Interviews: On-going by application – June/July/August 2019
Start Date: September 2019 or earlier for handover